Tuesday, January 14, 2014

97 days till my start date. It's OFFICIAL... I'm going!

It's finally real...

Ever since I have first heard about the PCT I have been intrigued. I wondered if it was actually something I could actually do. I have read many journals/blogs over the last year. I even followed a couple people the whole trail last year. Which is really cool by the way. It almost feels as if I have done the pct already. I started to develop this desire/want to hike the PCT so bad I wanted to just pack my stuff and go middle way through the year. But I want to do it "right". (start to finish/Mexico to Canada). The planning has made it feel more real as I invest time, money and effort if figuring out the logistics of the resupply boxes, gear and travel arrangements. Which brings me to my point... I just Booked my flight to San Diego! 

As I entered all the information into my Rovia booking engine and selected one-way flight and pressed search. I could feel my heart rate increase. 


just sitting here I could hear my heart beat at this point. I have booked many flights before and never have I had a physical response like this before haha. 


Boom! only $98. So it's done, it feels real now. I am actually going to really do it. I have made up my mind a long time ago, but it's official now. I'm not turning back, I'm going to go and I am going to finish or Die trying! That's the warriors way. 

It's Kind of funny to think that It was a hard decision to make weather or not I was actually going to Hike the PCT this year (2014). But the reality is that was the easiest part. The Hard part now is figuring out how much food to send myself on the the trial and when and where. Obviously I have many tools, great knowledgeable people and such to help me figure that out. It's still quite the task. Not to mention the hike itself... it's going to be interesting... I Can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment