Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day 27, Zero at Cajon PAss


Zero miles hiked

Fell asleep last night to Ridiculousness woke up to Buck Wild. Got to love sleeping with the tv on. This is such and nice place. The remote was placed inside a bag that said the remote was fresh and clean lol. packed up my stuff and went to Del Taco for breakfast. Went by the lobby saw other hikers in there. So I went in and discovered they had a pretty good breakfast here so sat down ate my burritos and grabbed and bunch of stuff for the road, and drank OJ.
I found myself just sitting down there typing up my blog post and drinking OJ for about 3 hours. I had to check out, brought my stuff down to the lobby. Continued to type away. My plan was to wait till 3 or so then get out of town and do like 10 miles or so. I met a girl named Caroline I had never seen before. Found out she had just gotten on trail and was zeroing here then going to hitch up to Wrightwood and catch up to her hiking friends. Turns out one in her group is Heather(who I called Steady and met right before Warner Springs.) she also knew Goldmine who I hadn't seen since kickoff. Crazy they where all just at Cajon pass while I was here at McDonalds.

I hope to catch them sometime soon. I'm starting to get hungry, guess I go get some subway. I hobbled down the street. I was about to cross the road and realized how freaking crazy the traffic is here... Yeah no, I'm not limping across the street risking my life for a subway sandwich. No way. Looks like it's Del Taco Again... Back to the lobby. I realized I'm still in pretty bad shape. Screw it I'm staying another night. I got checked back into a room. I thought I may this time actually find someone to share the room with me.







I was already to go.




Back to the hot tube and pool!!! (I need a hair cut)


Got back to the room, going to take a shower and actually saw myself in he mirror. Dang, I realized I'm lookin pretty rock solid Haha





This is how I spent the rest of the evening and night once again. Loving it!

Tomorrow I'm leaving at 5am I've got to get out of here or I'll never leave. I'm going to go 22 miles to the next water source and camp. Guffy spring campground.

I made a video for all my gear but apparently it's to long for this app to handle. So I will post it to you tube and put a link on my gear page.

 
- Posted from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Hotel looks cozy. I am glad you rested a couple of days especially with your limp. Take care man. I keep follow and am enjoying your journey. By the way, Candice and I are getting a house built. Should be just about done by the time you get back. Would love to have you over to tell me about your journey in person! Take care man! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey bro that is so awesome. Congrats guys! Yeah man, I would love to come see they new place when it's done. I look forward to it for sure. Thanks for following and commenting. I love to get the email that says I have new comments haha. Miss you guys

      Delete