Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 25, leaving the hot springs

Umbrella I love you, but Hate you.


Hot Springs 307.8 to Cleghorn picnic area 328.5
20 miles hiked today


I woke up at 5 like normal. I just laid around for a while made the breakfast and just laid in my sleeping bag.

There was still a lot of people here. I saw a couple of my fellow hikers butt ass naked! which was a shocker, but this the clothing optional hotsprings, what can you do lol. They are braver than I would be in the day light.

Got on the trail after 7. I was feeling pretty good. Moving a little slow but mornings usually are slow for me. I ran into Happy Man he said he was going to go 20 miles to the camp ground with the bathrooms. So I guess thats what I will shot for as well.



rainbow bridge in the middle of nowhere.

Came across my second rattle snake.

YouTube Video

No bad impression of Steve this time. lol The CheeseBurger was there to push the snake off the trail for us. No one wanted to walk by.



My feet are taking a beating These shoes are too.



It was really hot today and there wasn't hardly any shade the whole way. So the umbrella was a life saver. But I will say this. later in the day when I'm really tired and beat. This Umbrella almost pushes me over the edge or throwing it off a cliff.


haha you can tell by the look on my face how I fell about it. I don't know what it is but it really messes with your mind. It's funny cause Salsa said the same thing about the umbrella at Paradise Cafe.






Yeah water!!


I thought this was the camp ground on the other side of the lake... nope, had to walk an addition 1.5ish miles.



I was feeling really good the whole day. I was so close to being done for the day and I just hit a wall. I had no more energy in me. I don't know if it's cause I didn't eat dinner or what. I was borderline falling apart.

YouTube Video


I just focused on one foot after the other. I reached my destination.


So happy to be here. I set up my tent under this tree. Cooked some dinner.

YouTube Video

Awesome there was a little hole in the bag. That's never happened before. So after I pour the boiling water in I out the bag in my cozy and let the food cook. Then I put the bag inside my jet boil to eat out of it. So it doesn't make a mess and I don't have to clean my pot just lick the spoon clean.

Where I was sitting I kept having this Toad creeping up on me. I shine my headlamp on him and he would hop away. Then be back in a few minutes. He must smell my food or something. Or maybe it is all the bugs I am attracting cause of my smell haha. Jk I don't think I actually smell that bad. Or do I?

Off to bed.
- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment