Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 19, Lions, Tigers and Bears?

On ward to Big Bear...

Campsite at mile 235 to campsite at mile 256
Hiked 20.56 miles

I woke up at 5 and started picking up my things. I made my Oatmeal And I was off. My options today was to either hike 30 miles and hitch into Big Bear City tonight. Or do 20- 25 miles and camp then have an easy 5-10 miles to Big Bear. but I wouldn't be able to make it in time to pick up my resupply box before the post office closed. Since it's saturday they close early and post office closed on sunday. So looks like I'm going to take a zero in Big Bear and pick it up monday.

The miles rolled by pretty easy as they usually do in the morning. It wasn't hot today I was hiking in mostly forest. Climbing up the side of mountains just to go back down. The wind was slightly chilly. sitting in the shade you needed a jacket and the shivers would set in.

I hiked along by myself pretty much didn't see very many people all day. I leap frogged Rolling Boulder and Vestibule a couple times.

I have heard of this place along the trail where they keep lions, tigers and Bears, oh my lol. I only saw a couple bears I couldn't get very good pictures either. My feet and knee was hurting so I didn't want to stop and walk around the cages to take pictures.





It's sad. Sad bears in sad little cages with nothing to do but sit around.

I was running low on water and my feet are throbbing my knee pain is going in and out depending on the up or down of the trail. I am pretty exhausted. I really need get off my feet. There is a small water cache at Onyx summit. So I made it to the cache I didn't have the energy to put together my chair so I just laid down in the dirt and put my feet on the log by the water cache.





Yeah in the dirt and It feels amazing.



Feeling much better. Time to hit the trail again. I walked on, and on. I came to Arrastre trail camp there was a few other people there already. Mile 256.10

We sat around a fire pit talked, laughed and cooked our dinners and then went to sleep. I set up my tent it was going to be a cold night. in the 30's. I typed my blog and set out my things for the morning I set the alarm for 4:30 I was going to wake up early and Beat the herd to the Hostel in Big Bear. I had 10 easy miles to go in the morning. I put My water filter in my sleeping bag with me so it doesn't freeze. If it freezes it won't filter and I wouldn't even know it.

I love my tent, my sleeping bag, it's the perfect end to each and everyday. I put my pack under my legs to elevate them cause they are in pretty rough shape right about now.

Much needed zero in Big Bear is coming up!

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment