Sunday, May 11, 2014

Day 17. Down, down, down to Ziggy and the Bear's

Longest stretch of down hill. Ever

Campsite at 189.33 to ziggy and the Bears 210.79
21.46 miles

I wanted to wake up at 5 and get going at 5:30a but that didn't happen. It was cold and the sleeping bag is so warm and plush it's borderline ridiculous. So I made my oatmeal slowly started packing up.




Here is my creepy ass campsite. yeah not so creepy in the day time but try and imagine this at night by yourself on a mountain in the dark. The wind howling in the tree tops was a nice touch.

I was taking down my tent when DayGlow passed by she was in a hurry to get to Ziggy and the Bears place. That would be be the last time I saw here all day.

Found a good view, on top of some rocks. This always happens I get a great view in the morning and then end up walking in boring ass dry desert for the rest of the day...

YouTube Video




I love being above the clouds. By the end of the day I will be way below them. I just love it. From mountain peaks to low desert floor in one day, by foot.



Classic LazyBoy pose.
This is another place I couldn't wait to see. I have seen so many other people taking pictures here I had no idea I was gong to see this today...


Here's a sweet shot for my girlfriend back home. haha

The Photographer was The CheeseBurger himself.



A View From the Edge...


YouTube Video




Found another sweet looking tree. I just had to take a picture.


YouTube Video




CheeseBurger found himself some shade. He is from Germany, this guy cracks me up. Everything he says is funny or it just sounds funny with his accent.



Yeah Baby hitting mile stones. 200 down...


2450 to go...

Well it was all down hill which doesn't make it easy but it's pry less "work" than going up. I'm actually feeling really good today nothing in my body hurts more than usual. Walking this much hurts. Everyday.

I have come to this glorious water fountain at the bottom of the hill. It's pretty random, kind of like a lot of things so far a long the trail. only 3ish more miles to Ziggy and the Bear's house.


Glorious water fountain. Wilbur there filling up. There was quite a gathering here as people rested and filled their water containers for the last little stretch


YouTube Video

Some how I managed to made both of these videos sideways dang it.

YouTube Video

Just wanted to take you on a walk with me and show you want I see... except when I saw it, it wasn't sideways.

Yea, I made it to Ziggy and the Bears. They are a super nice older couple that have there whole back yard set up to house hikers. When I got here there was at least 30 of us if not closer to 45. I was hiker #738 to sign in. With people coming and going all day and night. They have a solar shower in the back yard and like 5 porta potties in the front. instead of grass in the back yard they have carpet nailed down. I had a resupply box set here. They have so much going on here it's crazy I saw 3 other people that Hiked the PCT in years past there helping out. They give ice cream at night, and breakfast in the morning. supper cool. They do all of this and more for just donations. In Yogi's book (Handbook to the PCT) she says that the proper donation is $20 for someone taking advantage of everything they do for us. I gave an additional donation to cover a freeloader as well. There was a big issue with that before a week or so before I got here. There was like 45 some hikers there one day and there was only $2 in the donation box (WTF) at the end of the day... Which is super sad considering everything they do.



That is definantly up to code. haha



here's a shot I took in the morning of the backyard since I was so busy when I arrived I didn't take many pictures.

I had a foot bath. I didn't get to get a shower though. To many other people and the sun went down so the water gets cold after that. But oh well I am going back out to sweet my ass off tomorrow anyways.

I had my bounce box sent here with my resupply box. I have an electric shaver in there, and planned to shave my head here. I didn't have time I needed to just get my box sent back out again. I put some more things in it and sent it off to Wrightwood. Ziggy was very helpful in making that happen.

Well thats it off to dream about hiking again, cause guess what I'm doing tomorrow...

-Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment