Monday, May 5, 2014

Day 11, Zero In Warner


Perfect day to Zero

Zero miles to nowhere

I woke up and made myself some breakfast and was first in line to get my clothes washed at the community center it cost $5 for a load and it was well worth it. I used there computers there and made changes to the blog. I update the home, and gear pages. I also added a page for my spot locator. So don't forget to check that out cause it shows the last location that I checked in at. Steady had taken off right after breakfast. Dan had stayed at Trail angel Warner Springs Monty. HappyMan just kept on going. I'm sure I'll see them again later down the trail.




Hitching a ride in the back of a truck to take my bounce box to post office. I sent my box ahead 100 miles. So I will see in about 4-5 days.



View from outside my tent. I had a lot of work to do for a zero day. between the computer stuff organizing my food bag making sure I had enough food. I am ok with to much food so many people dump there food in hiker boxes. I keep it and just eat more. My food bag now is ridiculous I forgot to take a picture I will need to take one cause it's a monster right now. It's like 10lbs.

I ate a veggie burger from the community center for lunch which was pretty darn good by the way.

Hung out and ate as much of my food as I could. It's really cool to keep running into people that you have met like 80 or 100 miles ago. It's fun you never know who is going to be at that next town or hanging out at the next water source. I heard someone mention the name goldmine. I asked them when they saw him last and it was at Barrel springs so he should be here by the end of the day. He never showed up so he either camped there or passed right on by...

I am planning to wake up at 5am and head off towards Mikes place. Mike is a trail angle about 18 miles from here.

see ya in the morning.

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment