Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 26, McDonalds!!

I don't even like McDonalds, But I'm so excited

Cleghorn Picnic area 328.5 to Canjon Pass 342
13.5 miles

This morning is pretty much like every other morning. Got going late today. Which I didn't know this at the time, but It was a big mistake. I was thinking I only had 13 miles I could do really easy. whats the rush...








Some of the views along the way.








Yeah I am thinking today is the hottest day I have ever hiked in. I have the umbrella up and I am hiking away. I just feel kind of light headed and weak. I'm moving pretty slow. I could almost feel myself slipping away. I don't know whats going on with me. I feel like I drank a lot of water this morning before I left camp I dank over a liter of water and had Electrolytes. I felt pretty comfortable temperature wise under the umbrella even though it was really hot. I needed to stop. If I could only find shade... Finally the trail provided. I stopped in the shade for almost a hour. Which is exactly what I needed.








Look how dirty I am after only 5 miles.



















At this point in the day. It's past 1pm and it's super hot. The energy has just been zapped out of me. It seems like there is a lot of down hill my knee is hurting pretty bad so it's slowing me down even more. This is really hard right now. One foot in front of the other... I ate all my snacks for the day and I'm still hungry. I keep thinking of McDonalds. Hmm what should I get? a nice salad minus the chicken. I could maybe eat an apple pie too. what else can a non-meat eater eat there... Hours pasted by I am so hungry I can't stand it and all I can think about is getting to McDonalds and eating a chicken bacon ranch salad, french fries, and a extra large carmel iced coffee. yeah... thats whats on my mind right about now.

















Trail passes right under the powerlines.








Yeah thanks for the reminder...



YouTube Video



OMG I can't believe I actually made it. Just another really hard day. Pushing though a tough day for food. I spent almost $13 I sat there for almost 2 hours trying to get my strength back. I still wanted to hike another 6-10 miles. Happy Man was going to leave at 6 it was 5:45 I wasn't quite ready yet. Leaving here is a 22 mile dry stretch (no water) I was Talking to some people who where going to stay at the Best Western... Hmm, I kind of want to stay. I walked down the street to go to Del Taco an 8 layer veggie burrito sounds great. Foxy (Chris who I shared a room with in Idyllwild) Text me and asked if I was staying. I was already by the hotel I walked over. If you could see how funny I am walking, There is no way I can walk out of town. I'm a wreck it's time to take sometime off.


















This is the scene outside. Tons of other hikers everywhere. Yeah I am in the middle of the herd for sure.








So I checked into the Best Western. I took a picture of the form she had me sign. I thought it was funny where is says the vehicle information it says "hiker". lol what a way to get around. If you would have told me 13 months ago that I was going to be walking 2600+ miles, there is no way I would have believed it.








These rooms are actually really nice, and clean too. I ended up with the room to myself I was going to see if anyone wanted to split the cost with me. It was just to nice to have it all to myself.

Time for the town chores. Shower, Laundry Eat, and eat some more...

I ate 4 burritos from from Del Taco! Sat in the hot tub and jumped into the freezing pool a couple times. This is awesome. So Glad I stayed.

I exploded my pack all over the room and wanted to kind of take inventory. I thought this would also be a good time to do a video of all my gear.

Click here to see YouTube video of my gear






- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment