Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day 30, Wrightwood to Buckhorn camp ground

Wrightwood mile 369 to Endangered species detour 386. Hitched to buckhart camp ground (Buckhorn trail 394.30)
Hiked 16.82 miles
24.8 PCT miles

Got up at 5 and had Breakfast Packed up and hopped on the shuttle.

When I say shuttle I mean the sweet conversion van driven by the owner of the Pines Hotel.

There was kind of a chill on the air. We had a pretty big climb a head of us. We are starting at about 7000 ft climbing to 9245ft.



They like to keep reminding us of how far we still have to go.


This is my new Hair cut.


Yeah IDK just taking pictures of myself.


9000 ft.
Tink and Drew got a head of me. I had to dig a hole... They actually went up to the peak of Mt. Baden Powell. I did not. The clouds started rolling in and it was getting cold. So I didn't want to repeat Mt. San Jacinto. So I just kept on the trail instead of the 2/10 trail to the top and back.



some hikers getting water and the Little Jimmy Spring. It was really nice down here.

We got to the Little Jimmy Spring trail and ran into Foxy! he was just doing a couple more days on the trail and looping back to Wrightwood. He was getting off the trail. (he only planned on hiking to Wrightwood this season) He is from Durango CO so I look forward to Seeing him again after the trail. So when we left it wasn't good bye it was see ya later...

We got to the parking lot by a road where you can either take a detour and walk like 20ish miles around or hitch to this camp ground... We decided to Hitch to the camp ground. We got really lucky a day hiker came walking from the trail and was going to her car. We greeted her and Drew quickly asked if she could give us a ride down the road 7 miles. She was very nice she said yes!

It was a very easy day, we got to camp early. It felt so good to set up our tents, eat dinner by the fire and relax. This is awesome, Tink and Drew agree.



LaZboy!!!



Off to dream land.

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment