Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day 28, Cajon to Wrightwood

Cajon Pass 342 to Wrightwood 363.5 (acorn trail 3.72)
Hiked 25.2 miles

I slept in my hiking clothes last night so I can make a quick escape from the vortex of this hotel.

Breakfast was ready at 5:30ish so I grabed a couple things and headed to Mcdonalds I wanted an iced coffee and apple pies.

Headed down to the trail and ran into Jeff and Meg. We walked together for a while. They are a really nice older couple that I met back at kick off.






There was an under pass we had to go through it reminded me of a scene from the movie 28 Days Later. Creepy couldn't see through the other side.






Just another little tunnel.





YSBH!!!

I walked on for hours and hours. I kept leap frogging with a group of people pretty much the whole day. I have 22 miles to do today. So I just pretty much just put my head down and kept on marching. I came to an area that they warned us that there is a lot of poodle dog brush. Which is poisonous to touch like poison oak but worse.


YouTube Video





The leaves of the poodle dog brush are hairy. Nasty stuff, I guess it grows in areas where there has been a fire.






The view for the day.






Here is the group of people that I kept leap frogging with.






Another view. I was almost to the camp ground Guffy. Where I was going to camp and then hike 5 ish more miles then hitch into Wrightwood. But I came to the Acorn trail which pretty much takes you right into town. Halfmile's notes warns that the trail is 3.7 miles into town and it's steep. Just as I was going by soft walker came up the trail. I had met him the day I walked to Cajon pass. I asked him how hard the trail was. He said It wasn't bad at all... I'm gong to for it. I will be eating town food and drinking an IPA in less than hour and half.

I Basically went into the first bar i saw. It was the Raccoon Saloon. Drew, Chuck Wagon, and Will where there. So I joined them. Chuck Wagon had a spare bed in his room so I split the room with him at the Pines Lodge, it worked out so well I couldn't have planed it this good if I tried. Off the Dream land.



- Posted from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Will who.? It that my grandson Will Everitt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what his last name is. I will ask the next time I see him. However I may not see him anytime soon. The will I knew got a little sick and stayed in Aqua Dulce for a few days so I am ahead of him now.

      Delete