Monday, May 5, 2014

Day 10. Eagle Rock!

Radom Campsite at 100 mark to Warner Springs
9.5 miles
Total miles 109.5

Woke up at 7a I didn't have enough water to make breakfast so I packed up and HappyMan and I made the quick trek to Barrel Springs. The impossible mile is now so easy. Got to love a what a little rest can do for the body.

There is many warnings for poison oak. Poison oak is weird I can't seem to figure it out. It seem to always look different. Oh well when in the the desert don't touch anything, thats all I know.



Here is one of those signs.



Finally at Barrel Springs it is such a nice little area it would have been a nice place to camp. Lots of trees and flat spots for camping. I filtered about 3 liters and made breakfast. It my favorite place that I've eaten breakfast so far. Steady was handing out dark chocolate I put it in my oatmeal it was so good.



Dan, Steady and FancyPants getting water from the spring.



Saw this lonely sign and wanted to give it some company.



Made it to Eagle Rock!!! I was so excited and happy to be here I have seen so many other peoples pictures. I was looking forward to this moment for almost a year. So I just had to ride the eagle.

We finally made it Warner Springs. We headed first over to the Post Office to get our boxes it was a mile walk from the PCT so that really sucked. It was super hot at this point and all I wanted to do was take my shoes off and take a shower and get my clothes washed. So Steady and Hornysbee had gotten a ride from the post office to the Community center but I was trying to figure out what I was going to do cause I had a resupply box here and a bounce box. Which is a box that I keep things that I may need along the trail like my shaver to shave my head, batteries, foot care stuff ect. So I decided to just come back to post office tomorrow and ship my bounce box ahead. So I went outside and I could find a ride to Community Center so I walked the mile carrying my pack, and two heavy boxes in this heat and my super sore feet... it was miserable to say the least. But I made it. And it was Finally time to take a shower I hadn't showered since Laguna.



Fist things first take these shoes off... oh That is heaven. haha dirty, dirty feet.
Zero Blisters baby! Want to know the secrets? Mesh shoes, Thin/light weight TOE SOCKS, and stopping immediately when you feel a hot spot, and wipe with alcohol wipe and apply a mole skin/duct tape/bandaid(which ever you got). and take off the shoes and socks from time to time. Also lacing your shoes properly is a big deal too. You don't want your foot sliding around in your shoe, but you also don't want it to tight So tricks I've learned help with this.



Iceman, Steady and me after our showers. Hanging out making dinner in the parking lot before setting up our tents. The showers where awesome. There are wooden shower stalls outside behind the building lol. The water was hot and the pressure was incredibly strong. So awesome. Felt so good to melt all the dirt off my body. I put my grey under armour shirt that I have been saving since I left colorado. It was nice and clean and still smelled like home.




Here is where home is for the night. There was a lot of other hikers that ended up camping here tonight. I went to sleep to the sound of sawing logs. (snoring curtsy of NatGeo thanks for that haha)

I have no intentions of waking up early and hiking I am taking a zero tomorrow and let my feet get better. (zero day means 0 miles hiked that day)


- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment