Friday, May 16, 2014

Day 21 & 22 double zero in Big Bear

"Nice to have a break from walking"... Says my body

Day 21 zero miles

I have a light agenda for the day.
- post all my blogs that I have saved on my phone
- get box from post office
- buy some extra food
- eat as much as possible
- eat as much as possible again
- watch movies and relax

The hostel is in Big Bear Lake which is a bigger town right beside a smaller town called Big Bear City. I sent my box to the Big Beat City post office of course. So I going to need to find a ride to the Post Office.

The bus seems like the best option. $1.50 to get around town(one way), this is sweet I should use the bus more often. Plus there is some really interesting folks on the bus. ;)

Got my resupply box and went to the grocery store next bought: honey peanut butter, avocado, red pepper, tortillas, dark chocolate, Gatorade , smart water and a bunch of bananas.

I ate 3 bananas waiting for the bus. I am so hungry right now I'm losing me mind. Back to the hostel to drop off my stuff and I head over to the pizza shop called saucy mamas. I orders a large 10 slice veggie pizza.



And... I ate the whole thing... Yup. It was amazing. One of the beat pizzas I've had. I also drank this 22 oz fat tire beer. Super proud of myself lol.


Isn't this counter top awesome?!



I walked by the movie theater and checked the movie times. 6:45 SpiderMan 2. So I went back to the hostel and organized my food bag and got all my stuff in order and ready to hit the trail again tomorrow morning 7:30 is when the first shuttle leaves.

Went to the spider man movie and it was so so. Not my favorite but ok I guess.

I ate some more food my from food bag and went to bed.

Day 22

Zero miles

I guess I'm going to take another zero. Last night and this morning I could barley walk. My Achilles' tendon is swollen and sounds like a dried rubber band (crunchy) so I payed for one more night.

Happy man was also staying an additional night. I got breakfast from Teddy Bear it's a pretty darn good place. I had hash browns with avocado and a bowl of fruit.

Got back to the hostel and just hanging out in the other buildings main common area and Sarge (the hostel manager) came out to show us the award that they just received.


Pretty sweet. Sarge is quite the character lol. He's a pretty good dude never a dull moment around this guy.

So to make a long story short I took anti-inflammatories and iced my ankle, stretched and watched Star Wars, The Matrix, and happy Gilmore then went to a sushi restaurant had veggie sushi watched more tv and packed up for tomorrow and went to bed early.

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment