Saturday, August 2, 2014

Day 75, Trail life is good again

July 12

PCT mile 1027 to mile 1050

Hiked 23 miles

I had mentioned to Cree, Bugs, and Milkman I would pry wake up and start hiking around 6am. (They usually start around 8:30ish) But this morning I woke up that early to do so. But... I want to hike with these guys some more. Just hiking the last 10 miles with them has added so much more enjoyment to the trail.

We are up and packing up around 7:30ish.



Cree and bugs. Lol the lighting is bad in this photo.

I'm on the trail at 8am. Milkman has already taken off and Cree and Bugs are just behind me.

There is the nice crispness to the air that I enjoy so much in the morning. I have that old familiar awesome feeling again that I get while hiking in the morning. I have missed you old friend.


Enjoy the little things, like this Sweet little water fall where I got 2 liters of water.


A sweet view for the day.

I noticed how many little breaks they take through out the day. I'm not used to doing that. It's actually really nice. My usual style Is to walk to the point of exhaustion. Then taking a break need it or not. We took a longer break for lunch. Where I actually laid down a slept for few minutes. I had to sit on the ground of corse since I don't have my chair right now. I'm so regretting sending it ahead.

After hiking a few miles. I can feel a pain on my left leg. It's not to bad but it's high on the outside of my left shin. I'm not sure what it is but it's annoying. I remember feeling it yesterday to. It seems to come and go. Vitamin I really seems to help.


We hiked all day and crossed a road and found some trail magic! There was a box filled with v8's and 1 Fat Tire beer I took the beer and a v8. MilkMan yelled from a little ways up telling me to come up where he was. There was a surprise. It's a cooler with cookies and sodas!!! So awesome. There was also a register. So we sat there and read all the names and I could finally see how far ahead everyone was. I'm really not that far behind a lot of my friends. I can catch them. I know it. If I don't take anymore zeros and stay consistent.

We camped just a little past the road. There was an American flag up on that mountain.


We camped by this little pond. We all set up camp just as the sun had set. I'm not a fan of getting water from lakes and ponds. The water is usually nasty. I am a little low so Milkman and I head down to the water. I think I'm going to go in and wash my legs off. We both have our head lamps on and Milkman is filling up his sawyer bag. I noticed there are hundreds of little baby crawdads swimming around. Gross I'm not going to drink this water it just doesn't look good. I'm about to take my shoes off and I'm looking in the water. I notice there is long skinny black things swimming around. Oh shit, Leaches!!! Leaches everywhere. I'm definantly not getting in the water. Yuck. Looks like I'm dry camping... Next to water. That's a new one haha.

I cleaned up with my wet wipes cooked dinner, slipped into my bag and ate laying in my sleeping bag. So comfy.


- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment