Friday, August 8, 2014

Day 80, day dreaming

July 17

Miller Creek mile 1124 to ski resort mile 1142

Hiked 18 miles

We are getting a late start today. I didn't feel like getting up this morning. Steal Toe likes his sleep too. So I tried seeing if he was awake. "Steal Toe you awake man!" "Hmmm yeah" he said. But neither of us started moving. Lowlander was packed up and took off. We slept some more.

I had to dig a hole. So I'm up now. Everything is still soaking wet. I pulled off my rain fly and laid it in the sun light. Some other hikers pasted by and we asked them if they had seen giggles. They said they passed him yesterday 10 miles back, he didn't look to happy.

It was 9:40am when we started hiking. Talking about video games and movies really helps pass the time. I have this crazy desire to play halo 4 now. I haven't played it in over a year. And it's all I can think about. I don't know what it is. There is just something really exciting about running around shooting and blowing up aliens. Haha

We hiked about 10 miles before we caught up to Lowlander sitting on a rock reading a book. He went on when we stopped to eat lunch. The clouds looked nasty in the direction the trail was taking us. We kept joking saying we are walking towards Morador (from The Lord of the Rings) The one place you don't want to see any closer and it's the one place we are trying get.

After lunch I unpacked all my stuff and repacked it inside my XXL ziplock bag. And then wrapped my pack cover over my pack. Cause it's for sure raining. And we are going to be walking into it. I wasn't going to bother putting on my rain jacket. It just makes me sweat. I would be all wet before it even started to rain.

So there I was in my shorts and t-shirt and down came the rain. It only rained for maybe 5 min. I was completely dry again in less than 15 so it was a good little experiment. I kept hiking so I stayed nice and warm.

We caught back up to Lowlander. He said he got a lot more rain and he got hailed on. So it looks like we missed that part.

We hiked on till we came to this ski resort. There was a pretty cool campsite with water under the ski lift. So that's where we decided to make camp.


- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment