Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 79, Oops we lost one.

July 16

Aloha lake 1100 to Miller Creek 1124

Hiked 24 miles

I woke to my alarm at 5am and fired up the jetboil. I could here Giggles was also awake. I started yelling "Steal Toe, Steal Toe you awake man?!" "Hmmm yeah" he said. "Haha lets go!" We started packing up and got on the trail at 6:40am. We are planning to hike to a campsite with water about 24 miles away.



Aloha lake in the morning

We hiked 5 miles and took a break were we found Lowlander. I met Lowlander for the first time just before the KOA and the Saufleys around mile 440. All 4 of us left together. We hiked over dicks pass.


Hiked 5 miles and took a lunch break at Dick's lake. We waited there almost a hour and Giggles didn't show up. So we continued on another 5 miles and took an other break and waited for almost a hour again and still no Giggles. We figured he would meet up with is when we camp since he knew the plan was to hike 24 miles. Steal Toe said he doesn't like to camp alone. (I can relate)



I love the crazy bright green stuff all over the trees.






Steal Toe and his sweet Mustache. He is from Georgia. Pry one of the nicest guys on the trail.

The sun is getting low in the sky. My shin splint started hurting. I took some Vitamin I and in 15 min I'm hiking pain free again. I love this stuff.



We found a campsite by Miller creek. We ate dinner and waited for Giggles. It's dark and starting to rain. He never showed up. We are suspecting that he stopped to charge his iPhone with his solar panel. I guess he likes to watch movies and what not at night. So he pry waited around to charge his phone. Hopefully he's alright.

The rain doesn't last long but there was an extremely loud and close lighting strike. It scared the shit out of us lol. It came out of no where and was really bright I could see it through my tent.

I'm really glad to be hiking with these guys. I looking forward to tomorrow. I lay down to sleep and I can hear Lowlander playing his Nintendo DS lol.
- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment