Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day 3, 4 and 5. Kick Off

ADZPCTKO!
On day 3 I'm still filling a little soreness in my neck but that's about it. My voice is back to normal. On day 4 I'm pretty much 100% yea!

So Thursday came and went pretty fast. I checked in for kick off at 4pm and moved to me new campsite. Which was sad cause I really like every I was with at 64. But on the other hand I met a bunch on other really cool people. This guy named Goldmine. He lives in CA and reminds me of one of our friends Kyle that passed away not long ago. He's awesome and is hilarious. Also met and older couple named Jeff and Meg. Very nice people. And an older gentlemen that is at least 70 named monkey Wrench. Got to love trail names.

Speaking of trail names it's official I am now LazyBoy. Now I can finally get my sharpie out and write my name on all my stuff that I will pry forget and or lose somewhere.

So it's been a few days since I have hiked and I'm starting to get antsy. I realized that my lower back was still really really sore from the first 20 miles. I happen to notice on my pack that the mesh had a hole worn in it. I looked closer and found that the wire frame had rubbed though, it was pressing against my back! This pack has got to go... I contacted Gregory and they are going to give me a refund and I'm going to buy a pack at kickoff.



Day 4 and 5 kick off has begun. I got a new pack it's a 6 moons Design pack and it is so sweet it feels so good on my back and it's only 39 ounces which is more than a pound lighter than my other one. There was a mobile post office here so I was able to ship it back to Gregory. I forgot to take pictures of my new pack. So stay turned for that.

I went to the stick pic booth and Joe Andersen a trail angle of Casa De Luna walked right up next to me. So I got a picture with him and Rod one of the inventors of the stick pic.



Wyoming and Brock liked my pack so much they both went and got fitted for one and both bought one. She had a Golite and he had a gossamer gear pack. This pack is the shit I tell you. Lol
Brock is now Cowboy by the way.



Here a picture with me and Mogli.





I didn't catch that guys name but the two girls from camp 64 now go by Heckle and Jeckle. Haha. They are hiking together and share a tent and cook stove and some other things.

During kick off they have like hour long talks about a bunch off different stuff that us noob might need to know. Like storing food in bear county, hiking in the desert, the water report, avoiding overuse injuries, ect. We get four free meals too. This whole event is free to 2014 thru hikers. Free food and camping. It was pretty awesome. I think I heard that there was like 1000+ hikers here this year.

It's day 5 and tomorrow I finally start hiking again! Wyoming, Cowboy, Mogli, Heckle and Jeckle already left and where going to hike the 6 miles to Boulder Oaks and camp for the night then hike the 17 miles to Mt. Laguna.

So Goldmine and I am going to leave early morning. I sent my alarm




Can't wait to get going. I'm out of here for now. Don't forget to follow/subscribe the fun starts

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment