Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Day 61, Glen pass

June 20

Campsite above Bullfrog Lake hiked 1 mile to PCT mile 789.1 to Woods Creek mile 799.8

Hike 10.7 +1 (Kearsarge Pass)

I got on the trail at 9:30 wow thats late. I have been just messing around. I have a 1,200 ft climb todo in the next 3 miles. It's time to tackle Glen Pass. Glen pass is 11,900ft in elevation and supposed to be the sketchiest pass on the PCT. I guess it's steep on the otherside with lots of snow. I don't know how it's going to be with this low snow year. But either way I'm a little nervous. also because I switched out my shoes and these shoes have very little thread for traction on snow unlike the Lone Peaks I was wearing. Needless to say Im not looking forward to it.

It's a really nice day. The trek up the pass was easy. looking down from the top I can see How this could be scary with lots of snow but really doesn't look to bad this year.

On my way down however I only slipped and fell 5 times so that was annoying. I knew these shoes wouldn't do well. I made it and it wasn't a big deal. It was easy I just followed the trail and the foot prints in the snow. nothing exciting about it. Some people have said in earlier years that hikers have seen their lives flash before their eyes lol. So I'm glad it's a low snow year.


More Glacier water as i like to call it.


I can't remember what lake this is. It had a sweet island. This would be a sweet place to camp, but I have a little further I need to walk.

Walking over Glen pass really took it out of me. I don't feel like going to much further. Pinchot pass is next so I want to get within a few miles of the pass so I can tackle it in the morning. I think I am going to get up early tomorrow and do Pinchot pass and Mathers pass.

I caught up to another Hiker and it was Jeff! I haven't seen Him and Meg since Kennedy Meadows. They where planning on camping at Woods creek. That sounds good to me. I am going to camp there as well. It's going to be early yet and I haven't really gone that far but I am spent. Plus it would be nice to camp with some good company.

We Got to Woods Creek it was a nice campsite with a bear box and no skeeters so thats a plus. I set up my tent ate dinner with them and it was a good evening I feel like I never get to camp this early 5ish.

I'm going to get some good rest and and hammer out both passes tomorrow 5,800ft of climbing and around 20 miles todo tomorrow oh boy...


I didn't really take many photos today it was pretty uneventful.
- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment