Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 65, I'm seeing Red

June 24,

Bear creak ford mile 869 to Cascade Valley trail jct. mile 888

hiked 19 miles

I slept in a little bit. I didn't get on the trail tilll 7:45am. I wore my camp shoes and forded the creek with them to keep my other shoes dry. I walked the 1 mile in them to the next ford. Then changed into my shoes. Its nice to be able to keep the shoes dry. But I have carried those shoes for over 800 mile and really only needed them 3 times... yeah I don't think they will be with me for to much longer.

I feel a little tired from yesterday but, I can't sit around and rest I want to do 20- 25 miles today make tomorrow an easy day into town.

I was cruising along and I caught up to Cheeseburger, CrackerJack and DangerSpoon. We all took a break in this cool area that over looked the valley and there was cell service!!! I tried to call Jordan but of course she didn't answer. (sleeping, she works nights) so I called my pops and talked to him for a bit. I also checked my emails and what not. It's nice to get reconnected with the rest of the world. I would prefer to always have service. I'm not the type that wants to go out in wild to be "Disconnected".

We passed the first exit to VVR. I know there is a lot of hikers there right now. I'm sure it would be fun if I went. But I got other places to be.

And then it happened... I'm seeing red, from somewhere you don't want to see red. So I stopped to take a piss so I went next to the closest tree to do my business. Holy shit my pee is red. Seriously I'm Pissing Blood right now... I've never had that happen before so I am freaked out. I came to this ridge and had cell service again so I started to google my symtom so many things can cause this so I have no idea. I have been taking vitamin I, (never more than the recommended daily dosage) dehydration, vigorous excise, infections all can cause blood in the urine. So I don't know. I feel fine otherwise. I have to pee constantly. And it's all red. I'm freaking out man.

I keeping going. I have to keep hiking to get somewhere. So I decided I was going to go to VVR. At least I'll be by roads and other people if I need to go to the hospital. The second exit to go to VVR is coming up soon. I told CrackerJack and DangerSpoon what I was going to do and I headed down the trail to VVR. I got about half a mile down the trail and had service so I checked google maps and saw that VVR is 5 HOUR drive to get from mammoth To VVR. I not going to have Jordan do thatch extra driving to pick me up...

Screw it I'm hiking to Reds Meadows and going to mammoth! I turned around and started hiking faster.

I started climbing silver pass. Which really really sucks. My hiking speed is very slow at this point. I hate passes. I hate the sierras... I am in a hate mood right now I can't stand the fact that we go up a pass just to go down into a valley just to go right back up again for the next pass. I am hate hiking at this point. Jabbing my poles into to ground and kicking rocks like a little kid throwing a tantrum. I'm pissing blood I just want to get to mammoth and out of here, I'm over it.

I reached the top of silver take a break... Take a breath and realize I'm in such a shitty head space right now. And I don't like. As I sitting down I look around and realize where I am and how amazing it is up here. Silver pass is nice. There are a shit load of skeeters, sigh. But I put on my use my pinardin wipes and put on the head net and all is good. I really need to get a better handle on my thoughts cause they are running wild. This has been super challenging, mentally and physically. I managed to get a handle on things and take back everything I was hating on. ( I still hate passes lol)



You can see Giant in this photo. I met him at Kennedy Meadows.


Dang finger ruins another photo.



I'm sitting on a the otherside of the pass taking another break and there are less skeeters here. I'm about to drop down into that valley below which I'm sure is going to be skeeter hell. Haha. It's cool I'm ready for the little pests (I'm being nice to what I really want to call them ;)

I hiked on and got to the cascade valley trail where I saw a S and an arrow point to the right. Which is where Danger Spoon was camped. I went over and he was hiding in his tent from the skeeters. They are out in full force and worst than I have ever seen. This is the campsite called skeeter hell as far as I'm concerned.

I set up my tent filled up my water bladder by the stream near by. Jumped into my tent with my pack as fast as possible. There was a swarm of skeeters between my screen and rain fly they are going crazy it's ridiculous. Unpacked my stuff made dinner and quickly put my bear can in my vestibule with the swarm. I set the alarm for 3:30 I'm going to hike the almost 20 miles and get to mammoth brewery by noon! That's the goal. Time to get it together and kick ass tomorrow. The blood has cleared out and is back to normal for now.

I sleep and hope to dream about the glorious beer to be had tomorrow!

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment