Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day 67, Back on the trail

July 4th

Reds Meadows mile 906 to 1000 island lake mile 922

Hiked 16 miles

It feels weird to be back on the trail. I feel bad for leaving Jordan again. It was hard to leave her. It's even harder when I can see the tears running down her checks. She's is so amazing I'm so lucky to have her in my life.

She dropped me off at the bus stop to Reds Meadows. We say our good bys.

I wait for the bus amongst the day hikers. I talk to a guy name Jon and his friend they asked me about gear, food and maps that I am using. They where going out backing pack for a few days.

I stopped by the devils postpile. Pretty crazy. I can't stop thinking how the hell did those form. I read the Info on the boards but doesn't really answer any questions for me.











Hiking is hard again. The miles pass by slowly. I keep thinking about how nice it was to be with Jordan again. I wish she was hiking with me. Even if for a little bit.

I'm thinking I might only hike 6 miles today. My next resupply is in Tulome. It's Friday (The 4th of July) and I'm going to have to wait for the post office to open on Monday. Which sucks cause now this pushes me back another 2 days at least.

I hiked 6 miles and about to call it quits for the day. I was about to set up camp at this place with running water a bath room and a bear box.

But I met a couple new hikers I haven't seen before. (Of course I haven't I'm 14 days behind schedule and 7 days behind everyone I had been hiking with) it was Gismo (girl) and DirtNap (guy) we talked for a bit. They continued on. They were headed to 1000 island lake. 9ish miles for here. Gismo planted a seed in my head. Post offices are usually open on Saturdays I checked Yogi's notes and it looks like it's open 9-12. I'm only 27 miles away at this point. And it's early. I can do 9 more and wake up early and get my box before P.O. Closes, right?? I can do that! Let's get to 1000 island lake and we shall see what tomorrow brings.


Saw this cool lake hanging up in high in the mountains.




I'm 3 miles away from 1000 island lake and my muscles are seizing up they don't like this hiking business right now. They aren't performing like I expect them to. It's crazy how fast aterify takes it's toll. Only 7 days off the trail and it's like starting from Campo again.

I took a bird bath by the lake found a nice campsite. I sit here alone by the lake... It's nice except for the alone part. But still nice.

Time for dinner. It's roman noodles, peanut butter, and hot sauce for dinner. Wow so good. I really like it, thanks Adam for telling about this.

Time to sleep I plan to wake up at 3am and get going early. Got to make it to Tuolumne before post office closes.



- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment