Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Day 72, I see red... Again

July 9

"Pooh bear" meadow mile 995 to Last water campsite mile 1007

Hiked 12 miles

I'm happy to report there was no bear activity last night. I guess Pooh is scared of hiker monsters after all lol.

I was on the trail at 7:18am I keep sleeping in and I don't like it. It's just hard to get going before the sun is up. I usually have to have some pretty good motivation, even though I'm awake at 3:30 or 4 am everyday.

I made the 700 ft climb up to Dorthy Lake. And wow it's awesome.


I wasn't expecting to see a lake at the top like this. It's amazing. I spent some time up here and rested by the lake.


Here is the other side of the lake where I took a break.



Found this random cabin. It's a snow survey shelter.

I walked on and came to the 1000 mile mark!!!








It's awesome that I've made it this far. But I am kicking around the idea of quitting. I feel like making it 1000 miles is pretty good and I would fill I have done something that a lot of people couldn't do. I'm still pissing blood so I need to get this checked out. I'm going to go into Bridgeport and go to the clinic there. I know you should never make a permanent decision on a temporary situation. Never quit on a bad day.


Someone left this cartoon at the 1000 mile mark.

Met a weekend warrior backpacker named Pete. Nice guy we talked for a while. All of his gear was from the 70's and 80's. He said he was going to camp after the last water and do Sonora pass in the morning.

I hiked on and I was getting water at the last stream and Pete came by. I wasn't feeling hiking right now so I decided to camp with Pete. It was pretty early and I could have made the trek up the pass but. I was just done.

Pete and his tent.


Pete's old canvas tent and his puffy jacket that's 40 years old!


He was interested in my new gear. It was cool getting to know him and here stories from his life and all of the backpacking he's done. People are interesting. We cooked dinner and I got to watch him hang is food in a tree.



It's hard to see in the photo cause of the lighting.

I went to sleep and I have made the decision that I'm going to go into Bridgeport tomorrow to see the Doc.

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment