Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 59, another zero, in Bishop

I'm Just not ready to go back.

June 18

Zero Day in Bishop

I was supposed to answer a phone call from Jordan this morning at 5am. But I didn't wake up. I was up till like 2am. I am fadding in and out of sleep and realize It's almost time to check out. I fell so unorganized with food situation and I still have to go to the post office and mail out my bounce box. Thinking about going back out on the trail right now just gives me anxiety. I am just not ready to go. I call over to the hostel and reserve a bed for tonight. SlowGin had me reserve one for him too.

I went down to the hotel lobby and had my continental breakfast. I didn't eat very much this time there wasn't a lot to eat. Nothing like at the Quality Inn, or Best Westerns. I asked the girl at the front desk for a late check out. She gave me a hour.

I had so much stuff to pack up. I got almost all my food in my bear can. I didn't want to smash my avocado's in there. It's always a struggle, Don't smash the avocado's.

Walked over to the Hostel and it was a little unorganized. They are still new I guess and trying to refine there processes. The whole place was full of hikers. I had just missed Drew he headed back into the wild. Tink, DangerSpoon, CheeseBurger, CrackerJack, and lots more where here. Some I have never seen before. That seems to be happening a lot in the Sierra's. I don't know where everyone is coming from but there is so many new faces.



After settling into my room I shaved my head again, and took a shower. Walked around town. Checked out the movie times at the theater. I went to a Coffee shop called Looney Bean to kill time and had what is called a dirty Hippie. Chi tea and espresso with espresso whipped cream. Yeah it was intense it gave me the jitters. I was walking around town checking out the gear shops/outfitters. I didn't need anything, except KT tape and Sawyer Squeeze bag. But I somehow found both in the hiker box at the hostel. I also got my bounce box mailed ahead to Yosemite. I switched out my shoes from my bounce box. I am going to try out my other Altra's The Olympus. I put my Lone Peaks in the bounce box.

So it's movie time. I have two choices "The Edge of Tomorrow" or "How to Train Your Dragon 2" honestly I want to see both of those...

So I went to both movies, such a good day. They both where awesome.

lots of people where gone from the Hostel or sleeping there was some kind of spaghetti night at the bowling ally. Which actually sounded like fun but I wanted to watch movies and relax. Plus I would have ended up drinking beers and what not. I like to be in tip top shape when I go back out to the trail. So I usually don't drink the night before.

I climbed into my bunk and went to sleep. Tomorrow, it's back to the wild for me.

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment