Friday, June 6, 2014

Day 37. The Aqua Duct

Casa de Luna mile 478 to PCT mile 527

Hiked 9 miles ??(that doesn't add up)



Waking up was exciting knowing that there is pancakes to be had.



As promised here is the video of the Forest behind the Anderson's place. (Casa de Luna)







That is only the half of it. It goes back farther in the trees. It's like the coolest thing ever. Such a perfect place to camp with a bunch of friends.



So if your wondering how I got ahead almost 50 PCT miles but only hiked 9 well thats because there was another closure and detour. Some people did the road walk for the detour. Most hitch hiked around the detour. I chose to hitch. I'm just not into dangerous road walks. Or any kind of road walk for that matter. I'm happy for those that did the road walk. But I'm even happier I didn't ;)









Here is the map that someone drew for us so we could decided what we wanted to do.



Below is Britany and Toms van. They shipped it from Hawaii they have it all decked out with a bed and what not it's what they call home. It's pretty awesome I guess there is a bunch of people that live in vans in Hawaii it's like a pretty cool and different lifestyle. They live in the van cause they chose to not because they had to. Tom is on the trail and Britany is following and giving rides here and there. She gave a few of us a ride up to the Rock Inn which was almost half way to Hiker Town.















Pockets, Shady, Stiff Willie, Hugs and me. haha a stiff willie in the middle of a pile of girls. ;)







I tried to take a photo of Britany and tom but I didn't realize the photo didn't come out.



We got to the Rock Inn and it was past lunch time so I'm super hungry. I ate a salad, veggie burger, fried green bean fries, a piece of pecon pie with ice cream, and two beers. Living the dream... More Hikers showed up. Drew was among them. His Head Lamp did show up. Amazon's one day delivery came through. That's impressive.



It was a hitch hiking mob scene after we all paid our bills. There was at least 10 of us. Some started walking towards hiker town. I walked up the road to the gas station I was going to to try and solicit a ride from someone there that I could talk to. 2 people I talked to where going the way I was going and said they would take me, but they only lived a block or a couple miles away. A truck showed up and took a whole pile of hikers. So I thought it was a better idea to just stick out my thumb with the rest of them.



We got Picked up by this chic going the opposite direction. She asked us first if we had gas money we could give her. Heck yeah!





Needless to say we got to Hiker Town Quickly.







Hiker Town is a little different.







Steel Toe, Good Cheese and Indy.



Drew and I took off. It was time to hit the trail.







Here is the an Aqua Duct that we walked for a little while. it turned into a much larger one that was open. (More like a cement ditch) then the ditch was covered. and we walked on top of it for hours.



We stopped to make a hot drink.









The glow of my jetboil in the dark.



We walked for a little bit longer till about 10:30pm and called it a night. I cowboy camped on top of the Aqua Duct inspection cover.



Stars are bright tonight.



I lay here in my sleeping bag so warm, so cozy. Just looking at the starts... So happy to be here. How did I get so lucky to be able to live this dream? I am so Lucky to have all the people who have supported me. I have to say thanks to my parents who have always supported and believed in everything I have done in my life. My friends who have been there for the encouragement. (Your reading this so you know who you are. Gabe and Candice) But I really owe a lot to my Jordan... Thank you Jordan for the love and support you have given me through this whole thing. I know this has been the hardest on you with me gone. You do so much for me. Thank you and I love you.



...oh yeah and thanks for sending me my boxes of food. lol







- Posted from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. How dare you doubt Amazon :) Of course we will get an order out in one day. Looks like things are going really well and you are having a great time. Candice and I love following you're posts. Its like my Sunday routine to check up on ya. Take care of yourself and we love you and cant wait to see you and Jordan when you get back!
    -Gabe

    ReplyDelete
  2. James you are so sweet! I am so dang lucky to have you in my life! I am more than happy to do all those things for you so that your able to live this dream of yours!! I love you so much and am so proud of you!
    I <3 U,
    Jordan
    P.S. Blackwills I cant wait to come back to Texas and see you guys too :)

    ReplyDelete