Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 35, Trail toCasa De Luna!

May 26
Saufley's mile 454 to Oasis Water Cache mile 471 (Andersen's stocked cache)
Hike 17 miles

Ok so getting up this morning at 5am was really rough considering the night I just had...

I had planned on sleeping on a cot outside under the stars. Then I decided to sleep in the trailer on the couch since no else was there. I had my backpack all packed up and ready to go. Some other hikers said they where waking up and there sleeping bags where wet from condensation. So I gathered my stuff off the cot and brought it inside.

So here is what happened. I was watching Fight Club sitting on the couch and icing my achilles. It was dark outside almost everyone was a sleep there was a small group outside around the camp fire drinking beers and what not. A few of them have been drinking all day.

A hiker came in someone who I will leave un-named came in and sat next to me on the couch. I could smell alcohol big time, he was pretty wasted. Within a few minutes he is pasted out... Of course on the couch where I intend to sleep. So I was like hell no. I started shaking him to wake him up. I was saying hey man where is your sleeping bag man? You should go where your sleeping bag is. (Then I remembered from earlier he got here late and wasn't even supposed to be staying anyways) I tried to wake him but he was just mumbling and wasn't waking up. Pasted out drunk. Great. So I just kept watching the movie then I fell asleep. But I was awaken by this asshole trying to put his feet on me! (I actually really liked this guy, prior haha) Dude what the heck are doing? I pushed them off but he proceeded to keep putting them on me. Finally I threw his feet off and He stopped. I tried to sleep again sitting up on the couch and it wasn't happening and he wasn't waking up. He kept talking and mumbling things that weren't even words... great so i went outside to go sleep on my cot and someone had taken it. grrr. So I managed to be the first one here yesterday morning and be the one without a good place to sleep WTF. I slept on the dirty ass floor in the trailer. 3 good hours of sleep and Backroads came in the and woke me up. It's time for breakfast at the restaurant. At least I have that to look forward to.

We walked the 1 mile to town where the cafe was and I had french toast. Which was good, not great. We filled our water bladders and walked through town on the trail for like a mile or so then it was up into the hills. The walk was hot and there was tons of those dam bugs that keep trying to land in your eyes.

So this is me.



Umbrella and brand new head net in action. Love this thing already.

I was getting low on water but I was close to the Oasis cache. I was pretty confident it would be stocked, Since it was maintained by the Anderson's.

YouTube Video

Yea the Oasis cache. You can see the Anderson's flare.



And sense of Humor.



I'm pretty exhausted. Here are the feet. I was planning on going all the way to the Anderson's but due to my lack of sleep and the hot weather I'm not going anywhere. I set my tent up right inside the cache. Ate dinner and I was in my bag ready to pass out.

I don't know what I was trying to show with this picture but it's the view when I look up in my tent.



At about 9 or 10 Leonidas and Tom came into the cache head lights a blazing. I welcomed them. They said sorry for waking me up but I wasn't sleeping, either way setting up my tent in the cache I expected people to be coming in. I told them it was totally fine not to worry I was awake.

I was going to waking up really early and pry waking them up so we would be even lol.

Tomorrow, Pancakes at the Anderson's.


- Posted from my iPhone



No comments:

Post a Comment