Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day 44, Walker Pass

I heard there is usually trail magic at Walker pass!?

June 4
Mile 643 to Walker pass

I had a terrible night. It was warmer then usual, maybe? I was sweeting like crazy. I would open my bag and freeze. Close my bag then sweet. Open my bag then freeze. ahh whats going on. My body is putting off so much heat its ridiculous.

Rolled out of camp and on the trail at 7. Only 7ish miles to Walker Pass. I heard a rumor that there is trail magic often there. So let's go.

Here's the thought of the day.

YouTube Video

Yeah IDK I was just entertaining myself.

I can see the camp ground. Yea! I walked up to the trail register I saw a note from Yogi about the KOA 25 miles away. $5 to stay shower and do laundry. OMG I want that. I saw other people saying in the register that we missed Yogi's trail magic yesterday. dammit! I got down to the picnic table... And there was a box full of donuts!! Yea!! Not all is lost.



Apache was there before me. I'm normally not to excited about donuts but today donuts are amazing.

I met this really nice couple that are from CO. Their son works at Safeway and he know someone who knows someone that is also on the trail. We are thinking it's me. How funny small world if it is me that there son's coworker knows. If not I am happy to have met them. It might be my friend Dan who is also on the trail.



Pit Stop and Navigator.

To make a long story short. Apache and I decided to hitch to the KOA. A truck pulled off the road going the opposite direction and offered to take us to Inyokern. He said they had a couple of restaurants. So we hopped in. He was a nice guy named Scott. He was a hiker himself. It was a quick ride it felt. We ate at the Mexican place in town. Super good and cheap to.



Yeah the vegan diet is on hold for the moment. I must eat everything.

There wasn't much in this town so we decided to go to Ridgecrest. Which is a bigger town with everything we could want. Outside the restaurant this older lady offered to take us to her house where we could do laundry, shower and use the pool but she said we would have to stay outside. We thanked her but declined. We want beds, with ac and cable tv. Haha. We got by the road and within 5 or so min this guy pulled up and said he would take us to town. He just needed to stop at the hardware store first.



I found anti monkey butt powder haha. I've never seen this before in the store. I think I'm good in the chaff department.



Some caged little turkeys out front.



Here is the guy that gave us a ride into Ridgecrest. His trail name is Dry Glutch Lead Slinger.

He dropped us off at the Quality Inn. I got into the room and just dropped everything and fell into the bed. We Exploded our packs and started laundry and took showers. Cranked up the ac and watched TV. Amazing.

Started doing little choirs. Like backflushing my water filter.



Here is all of the crud that came out of my filter.

Dry Gultch Lead Slinger told us this is best place in town.



We went to China Lake Buffet and it was ridiculous. So good and cheap too. Fat and satisfied. Walked back to the hotel laid in bed with the nice cool feeling of the sheets. I feel bad for all the others out on the trail sleeping in the dirt. However I did get a text from Drew. Looks like some of them went in to town also. But they went to Lake Isabella. Which is 25-30 miles in the other direction from Walker pass.

I'm out

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment