Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 55,

June 14
Lone pine (trail pass/ oops cottonwood trail) mile 750.22 to rock creek mile 760.42

Hiked 10.24 miles

Time to get out of Lone Pine! Nice place. Nice Hostel to. It's just time to go. My foot feels a little sore but it's not hurting so I think I'm ready. I found a YouTube video on how to use KT tape for Peroneal Tendonitis. So I hope I don't have any more problems. KT tape is amazing stuff.

I slept in my clean hiking cloths and everything is packed up. I just want to eat breakfast again at Alabama Hills Cafe. I headed out of the dorm room and ran into CatDog outside and told her about the amazing breakfast to be had there. So we walked across the street to go eat. She was in town because she was having issues with the elevation. She was thinking about skipping ahead to where the trail is lower elevation. I've never had elevation problems even at 14,000 feet, but it sounds pretty rough. I guess I may owe that to living in CO.

We get to the restaurant and it's packed. We put our names on the list. The waitress came outside 5 min later and said there is a table ready and called 3 names and asked us if any of us wanted to share a large table. The other girl on the list asked us if we are thru hikers and said she would share with us.

Her and her Boyfriend hiked the PCT in 2012. So that was a bonus we got to meet some PCT veterans and talk to them about the trail. Man I love this community of hikers. The culture we have is so cool. They also hiked the CDT last year. I'm drawing a blank on their names right now. I ate the same thing as last time. minus the pie with ice cream. We all pay and now it's hitching time. I need to get a ride back up to Horseshoe Meadows. It's kind of a hard hitch cause no one goes up there unless they are camping. I was on the road and several people stopped to give me a ride but they where going to the Whitney Portal (where you go to hike Mt. Whitney) After about a hour I started to walk back into town I was going to go back to the Hostel and see if I could get a ride from the owner who shuttles people for $20 I pasted by a restaurant and a guy came outside and asked if I was going up to Horseshoe Meadows. Score! I found a ride. This very nice couple gave me a ride. They where going to pick up his truck. He was sections hiking the PCT and Horseshoe Meadows is where he started. I am doing so bad with names right now since I am typing this up a couple days later. If you guys see this please leave a comment and remind me of your names. I don't want to forget you. :) (I'll pry remember later I'm drawing a blank right now)



I took a picture of them. It was a nice ride, and I am glad to have met you two.

I am so happy to be getting into the sierras it's starting to get really beautiful up here. I actually made a mistake on the way up I was going to take Trail Pass trail and I missed it and ended up going up CottonWood trail. Which is fine I guess it still goes to the PCT.





Look at this happy guy right here.

I ran into Ball Hawk, Shady, and Stiff Willie


Here is Ball Hawk


Shady and Stiff Willie.





Awesome meadow.


I also ran into Moonshine. I met him back at the BigBear Hostel. I stopped and talked to him a bit we hiked together for a while. We came to this Campsite that had this pretty cool tree. It makes a perfect chair. He decided to camp here. I told him about my plan to hike Mt. Whitney in the afternoon watch the sunset and sleep in the shelter at the peak and then watch the sun rise. He thought that was a great idea. So tomorrow we are hiking Whitney! I needed to hike an other .5 miles to get to the Rock Creek campsite cause there is a bear box there. I have to much food right now and it doesn't all fit in my bear can.

I got to camp and set up my tent. I needed to go get water from the river. Of course I slipped on the rock and got my foot soaked lol. I was pretty pissed at the time.


Dam it wet foot. Thats going to suck putting on a wet shoe in the morning.

I was getting ready for bed and Hugs and Pockets showed up. I told them about my Whitney plan as well they said they might join us. About a hour later Ball Hawk, Shady and Stiff Willie also showed up.

see ya in the morning LaZboy out.

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment