Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 36, Casa De Luna!

Oasis Cache mile 471 to Casa De Luna mile 478

Hiked 9 Miles + 2 off trail miles to there house.

I woke at 4:30 and I was on the trail at 5:30am I had to step over the others that where also sleeping inside the Oasis cache lol.

The Hike this morning was an easy short hike to the road where the ranger station is and it says in Yogis notes that there is directions to the Anderson's house there...

I didnt see anything there. So I just started walking towards town. I tried to hitch for a little bit but no one was stopping instead of waiting a hour for a ride it only takes 40 minutes to walk 2 miles so off I went.




I saw this alone the way! I want one of these in my front yard.

alone the way I saw a note on a tree that said
"Hikers you are almost to Case de Luna. Take a left after the coffee shop"

wait, there is a coffee shop ahead! Looks like I'm getting a Latte.

It was a small little coffee shop and the open sign was off. I tried the door anyways and it was open. I walked in the lady said she closes at 9 it was like 9:05. She said she can still make me a drink if I want. yup LaZboy want a latte haha.

This nice Older Bearded man gave me directions.

I have arrived... I walked up to the sound of someone saying "HIKER!" and there was a start of a slow clap. It was pretty cool to be brought in to the sound of everyone clapping for you when you arrive :)






I was instructed to put my pack down and put on a Hawaiian shirt, like right now right now. lol Alright so it's that kind of party. I was then lead to the back yard where the forest is. This place is awesome! I will post a video of the forest on tomorrows post. I set up my tent and took an awesome shower in the outdoor shower. It was amzing I needed that for sure. (even though it had only been a day since my last shower)

We all sat around in the shade eating things and drinking beers and sodas. Bullshitting and playing card games. This Place is super relaxing. I was iced my achilles again. later I joined a small group of people and we walked down the street to the gas station where they actually had a huge selection or hikers foods. Which is not mentioned in Yogis book. (someone should tell her. you could almost resupply here...almost)

I am ready for some junk food. This is what I ended up with.




Two bags of chips, bean dip, salsa, ect... I ate myself silly. I had to go take a nap in the forest I was so full.



Here is home.



LaZboy casa from the Inside.


I pretty much slept until it was time to eat again haha.







It's the Anderson's famous Taco salad.

There is so many people here it's crazy. some people have been there for 3 days already. Most people keep getting sucked in the vortex and end up staying for a few days. I really like it here but I need to make up for lost time. ( all the other zero's I've already took) I have been feeling really good. The body is finally working the way I want it to. Drew had arrived as well. He forgot his headlamp at the Saufley's and had ordered one from Amazon to arrive in one day to the Anderson's tomorrow. That would be crazy if it shows up tomorrow.

I'm in a food coma so it's off to sleep for me.

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment