Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 56, Mt. Whitney!

Started from the bottom now I'm here.

June 15

Rock Creek mile 760 to CrabTree Meadows mile 766

Hiked 6 miles + 8 to Whitney 14,508ft

Woke up super excited. I am ready to do this. I wasn't excited to put on my shoes however. My wet shoe from yesterday is now a frozen shoe frozen solid. Dam, that sucks lol.

I hit the trail 7:30am only 6 miles to Crabtree and 8ish to the peak of Whitney so 14 mile day shouldn't be to bad.

The trail to Crabtree I found a tree monster...


Video here






Found this pretty mangy looking deer, what meadow trash. lol

The trail to the top was cold and super windy. It was kind of funny everyone on the way up that I told my plan to (sleeping on top of Whitney) basically thought it was a crazy idea and said it was to cold.

I also found out that a couple nights ago 12ish people went up there to camp to see the full moon on friday the 13. I heard that none of them got any sleep. The shelter is kind of small I guess. But I don't care what they think. I am going to do what I set out to do.



Yea, I made it. The hike up was pretty easy actually. I think hiking over 700 miles to get to this point may have had something to do with it. Being in the best shape of my life and loving it. If you want to lose weight and be in great shape... Hike the PCT and eat everything you want along the way. haha.








Here is the shelter on top. It's to bad that they cut in half and have the larger side locked up.


selfie
Video here


yeah, amazing.









Pictures never compare to the real thing. Especially when taken on an iPhone.

Moonshine and I cooked dinner and just shot the shit for a while






It's still kind of cold in here you can see your breath but at least it's blocking the wind.

Here in my sleeping bag it's warm and cozy. I still can't believe where I am. I thought about doing this trail for so long and to be doing it and hiking Mt. Whitney the tallest mountain in the lower 48 states is pretty awesome.

I Love the PCT

Happy Father's Day Dad.

I imagine we will be woken early in the morning when the others come up to see the sunrise. For them a cold dark and difficult slog. For us... Just roll out of the sleeping bag!

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment