Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 51, No more desert into the mountains.

June 10th
Campsite at mile 709 to Death Canyon Creek 730

Hikes 21 miles.

I had the breakfast and packed up and hit the trail just after 6am and I was about 15 min before Apache and ET. Which is good cause in the morning I need the extra time to get warmed up. Plus after about 3-5 miles it's time to do the morning duty. Which is when Apache and ET had passed me. It's a really great view from my duty spot I must say.






It's a nice meadow, mountains in the background and some sweet looking clouds. In this moment everything is prefect. I can't believe I'm here. The miles are rolling by so easy. The trail is flat the temp is perfect and the scenery is beautiful.



















I spoiled this picture with my finger in the corner dang it.

I caught up to Apache and ET at the Spring near Beck Meadows. Ewok and Shrek where there still camped. Ewok is carrying this 15lb dumb thing. Check out the video. It was pretty awesome just hanging out here for a bit.


YouTube Video



YouTube Video

Thats ET sitting on the ground in the blue hat.



Should have laid down in the grass and stared at the sky all day.

There is a group of high school students on a 5 day backpacking trip camped out in the meadow. I spoke with a couple of them as they came to spring to get water.

Unfortunately I must leave this place. We hiked on. I feel so good I'm hiking pretty fast everything is perfect I'm so excited to get up to the mountains. I almost had 10 by 10 which is 10 miles by 10 am. The hunger is in full force these days. I had stopped to eat an early lunch. After I packed up my stuff picked up my pack and I noticed my feet are hurting pretty bad. Which is weird they haven't hurt in a long time. I went about a mile and I have to stop they hurt so bad.






Had to put the feet up. I shouldn't have stopped I was feeling good. funny how quickly a day goes from great to shitty. I'm just glad I have my chair.

My feet are hurting in a different way then they used to in the beginning. I wrapped my feet in the way you would if you had Planter Fasciitis. My right foot is pain free. My left is still hurting. but resting has made it better. I plan on going only 21 miles today so it's 12 and only have 8 more to go. I was planning on getting to Death Canyon Creek by 3pm which was my pace this morning. Thats not going to happen now. I can walk for about 30 min till it hurts bad enough I have to stop for a break. The pain is pretty intense on the outside edge of my foot. I don't know whats going on.

I came across a couple guys that Had just gotten on the trail. Adam and Andy. Adam actually lives in FORT COLLINS! Crazy small world. I chit chated with them while we got water from this small creek.

The day drags on and on. This is bullshit I'm sick of having these injuries/pains. I just want to feel good and hike. I hope tomorrow I feel better.

I got to camp where there was lots of other Hikers. Lumber, Apache, ET, TourGuide who I met while I was resting in my chair and a handful of others I didn't get a chance to meet which isn't my style. I like to get everyones name that I come in contact with on the trail. I was just in pain I needed to get water still and dig my second cat hole for the day which is a first. The sun is setting and the mosquitoes (skeeters I prefer to call them) are out for blood for the first time on the trail.

I ate dinner before I got to camp so I had a snack and wedged my bear can between a couple logs a little ways away from my tent. Guess I better get in practice for when I get to the areas where there are those Campsite bears that like to rip open your tent to get at your food lol. The idea is to place your bear can away from you so they smell that and go play with it for a while till they realized they can't get any food from it.

Off to sleep. Hopefully a nights rest is all I need for this foot to feel better.


- Posted from my iPhone




- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment