Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 53 & 54, another double zero

June 12 & 13
Zero miles hiked for 2 days.

I'm sick of zeros I just want to be out on the trail. I should have summited Whitney by now.

I my foot wasn't any better today. Ninja and Jon moved on. I moved over to the hostel. It's only $28 a night and it's really nice there. It the owner Dave. He's a pretty cool guy. I never saw he Hostel before he owned it. But in really like what he has done with the place. Lots or people stay in Lone pine to Hike Mt. Whitney.

I shared a room with three guys who where going to leave at 2am and head to the trail head and hike Whitney. I was also in the same room with TourGuides husband Keith. He was taking like 4 days off cause of shin splints. TourGuide is a beast. She hiked 90 miles from Kennedy Meadows to Kersarge Pass in 3 days! She showed up at the Hostel on the second day I was there. For two days. I just watched tv, Iced and messages my feet. And of course eat as much as possible.


Ninja already to head back to the trail.


Me with my foot wrapped. And I rotated soaking my feet it epson salt that I found in the hiker box. Still at the Dow Villa before they kicked me out/check out.

Found a strange bug on the side walk

YouTube Video


They talked me in going to grab a beer.


A few of us grabbing a drink. Me, Blue, Dave(day hiker) Anders, and SlowJin. I actually started with Blue at the Mexico boarder. The others are my roommates at the Hostel.

There is some strange bugs in Lone Pine...

YouTube Video

Haha this thing has weird pintchers and makes quite a loud strangle noise.

I'm off to bed hoping tomorrow I'll be good to go back on the trail.

Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Now your getting in my part of the county. WhooHoo! Hostel Lone Pine, thought it was around there somewhere, Bishop, Lone Pine. Yea I'm still following you my friend. David - Quality! BTW I'l had a few a few from the trail drop in after you left. When they walk in the door I'd say "Did you read the blog?" Oh my, others taking pictures here too. Bummer, hope your foot gets better.

    ReplyDelete