Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day 45, it's a Zero Day in RidgeCrest

Twist my arm. Ok it's a zero day!

June 5

Waking up in a soft bed is as good as it sounds. Actually better than it sounds when you been sleeping in the dirt.

I rolled out of bed at 7 and wandered over to the Lobby where my free breakfast awaits my consumption.

I ate a waffle, 2 biscuits w/gravy, cinnamon roll, 2 wheat toast w/scrambled eggs, an apple, 3 bowls of raisin brand, 1 small muffin yup, 3 cups of orange juice and a cup of coffee! Yeah buddy. I sat around the lobby using the computer and chit chatting with David the hotel manager. Super nice guy. I told him about my blog he said he would check it out. Hi David. More hikers should come to ridge crest. This town is legit and this quality is one of the nicest places I've stayed at so far. David will get you all set up.

Got back to the room and was about to start packing up to get ready to check out... Apache and I are both agreed there is no way we can leave. It's way to nice here. HBO, AC, the pool and town food. There is no way, I'm mean no freaking way.

Time for lunch. Took the bus across town to the pizza factory.

YouTube Video

So far I've eaten more food in two days than I would pry eat in 4 before the trail.

Time for R&R.



And some fun

YouTube Video

It's was great soaking up everything I can from the place. This time off is rejuvenating.

I spent the rest of the day messaging and soaking my feet in Epsom salt. And watching HBO.

So, I have a new problem. My two inside toes are numb and sometimes it feels like my sock is bunched up under them. This sucks I have developed Morton neuroma. It's a thickening of the nerve between the metatarsals. So I'm glad I'm taking it easy today. If it's not one thing it's another. My achillies is getting better and so is my knee. Walking is hard work. Especially when you walk 20 miles a day. ;) zeroing is hard work haha.


- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment