Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 60, Back over Kearsarge

June 19

So I didn't wake up early enough to catch the first bus out of Bishop to Independence. So I'll just have to hitch. I packed away all my things, said my goodby's and at 8am I was out.







Town clean, pack full and I'm ready to go. I weighted my pack before I left... 48lbs! Yikes. 7days of food and 3 liters water.

I had to stop by the Looney Bean and get another Dirty Hippie. Yum so good. I sat around the coffee shop and enjoyed my drink and chit chatted with the locals about my journey so far.

9am it's hitching time. There is lots of traffic so it should be an easy hitch to Independence...

Wrong! 3 hours later I gave up and walked down to the Von's where the bus stop is. Looks like I'm going to take the 1:15 bus. I stopped at the Pizza Factory on the way and ate a medium veggie pizza while I walked haha.

Karen and George was also at the bus stop, along with a few others. This lady that worked for the news paper asked if she could take our picture and put it in the paper. So that was neat.

Finally got to Independance, and me and Giggles got a ride pretty quickly up to camp ground. This guy named Scott took us up.







Giggles, Scott and me. He was a really nice guy. Him and his friends where going to hike Whitney. He wasn't doing to well. This knees where hurting him. So he didn't go. He was just going to camp here for a couple days.





BristleCone (trail angel), Giggles me and SpaceAge. I met Space age back at Paradise cafe. I keep bumping into him while I'm leaving town and he is coming in. I wanted to take a photo with the trail angels that where at the camp ground but UberBitch was picking people up.

Finally I am hiking again and any anxiety is gone. I noticed I still had Cell service and I just had an idea of what I could do for Jordan (for her Birthday) when she comes to Mammoth to see me. I did a little research right quick and made an appointment for Her and me to... Just have to wait and see what it is... Hiked up over the pass and found an amazing campsite...



























YouTube Video



I ate my dinner and crawled into the good ol sleeping bag. Feels good to be back on the trail. It's way past hiker midnight so i don't think I'll be waking up very early. I still feel like I'm on town schedule. I went to sleep to the sound of bullfrogs singing their song.

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment